Friday, September 2, 2011

School Days, School Daze

This morning the big yellow bus little red mini van dropped off a load of precious cargo to a brick-and-mortar school. A, B and D  knew the drill. Two of the three were very excited. I'll let you decide who wasn't as thrilled. (This picture may give you a hint.) This year we added E and C to the attendance roster. One of them was also super excited. And the other one had no interest in going anywhere. What is it with the boys in this house?? It wasn't as bad as I feared it might be. As I told you in the last post, C is a mommy's boy and wants to be with me all of the time. He got to spend the first hour with A in the library so it was a lot easier to say good bye to Mom.
Look at this little guy. He can barely reach his locker handle to open it. Maybe he's right, he should be home with his mommy.
Look at those cheeks; super kissable. I kissed him goodbye outside. I didn't want him to have the chance to say he couldn't kiss me in front of his new classmates. My heart wasn't ready for that. There were no tears from any of us. I knew they were in good hands; safe and secure.
E has been counting down the days. She is the keeper of time in the family. "How many hours until....?, How long will we.....?, What time will it be when...?" She had a great day and said that she loved her class and she loved her teacher and she loved her lunch. :-) She is an easy one to keep happy. Baby F was not a happy camper that she couldn't stay with the big kids. She cried the entire way home.
We had our own special day planned. Well kinda. We were going to meet Daddy for lunch. We also ended up dining with Grandpa and Grandma.
I love these two! Little F has them wrapped around her finger. They don't object to baby backwash and slobbery french fries. We also ran a few errands while we were out.

A, B and D all enjoyed catching up with their friends. (I really did take pictures of them too. Phone camera plus bad lighting equals blurry and grainy pictures.) C on the other hand.... I asked him how he liked school. He said, "It was dumb. I'm not coming back." (I'm just sure his dad was like this at 5!) I asked why he thought it was dumb. He said, "We sang a song about a cow waking up in the morning and saying it's a good day. Cows don't talk. It was dumb." This kid cracks me up. He was mad that his school supplies had to stay in his desk and he couldn't bring them home. I explained that everything needed to be there for next week. He said, " You need to go get them because I'm not coming back next week." Yep, his father. The only explanation. Friday school took every last bit of energy from him.
When he awoke two hours later he saw things differently. School wasn't so bad after all. It may have helped that our favorite summer meal was served for supper. (Prepared by D!)
Seafood taco salad! The events of the day always seem to be a little brighter when feasting on yummy food and being surrounded with unconditional love!

2 comments:

Crystal McCoy said...

Sounds to me like a grumpy little C just needs to get plenty of sleep. Once he gets to know more of the kids in his class he will feel more connected. <3

jodyfoznot said...

Oh, that C. I thought about him all day Friday. I can see why your little cow farmer did not appreciate a song about talking cows. He takes cows very seriously.

E and Lily are cut from the same cloth. I find myself telling Lily all the time that Mommy has it under control, especially when she micro-manages the seconds and minutes. I can't say, "In a couple of days" or "in about an hour" if whatever she is asking about might not happen in exactly two days or one hour, because that girl will hold me to it.

Yummy dinner! Did you make the taco bowl? If we didn't have crab alergies around here, I'd make that tonight! It looks great!

xoxo