Saturday, March 12, 2011

A is for Austin

I just love this boy! That is what he is, a boy not a man. He's MY boy. Please don't call him a man for two more years. And then, we'll talk.
He may not yet be a man but this boy sure works like one. He is responsible with a capital R. He started working at a veal barn in December. He is in charge of  250-500 calves, the number depends on new calves coming in and older calves being shipped out. He feeds them, making sure the temperature of their milk is just right; gives shots to the ones looking sick, and rounds up the strays that are looking for freedom. It isn't a glamorous job. And when he comes home...stink-a-roni!! The clothes come off before he enters. The most surprising thing about this job for a teenager is the hours! He has to be there at 4:30 in the morn! There are chores in the evening too but those are done with his dad.
Measuring the amount of milk replacer.




Emmaly watching him adjusting the water temperature.
Giving some vitamins to a punier calf.
I just loved the perfect heart on his head.




The smile I get when I ask for one.
He turned 16 last month! Sixteen!! The years just crept up on me. In my mind this boy should be about 12. He is a sophomore. 10th grade!! Huh?! Just last year he was in 6th grade. The year before that we started kindergarten. Ok, a little exaggeration but still.....grade 10, with the end in sight too. His harder subjects this year are Algebra II and Physics. Harder for me that is. I never hear one complaint on those subjects from him. Let's not talk about Speech and Term paper. He does great in school and if there is anything he wants to learn he dives in and learns it!



Making his mom happy by giving a real smile.



  

Austin is on a basketball team at Friday School (an enrichment school for homeschoolers). This is his first year in basketball. He's doing well and liking it. He wishes it was more than once a week though. (Basketball not school. haha)

Playing his guitar at Gram and Poppy's











His favorite past time would be playing his guitar. I love hearing the music he makes. Even if it is mostly that teenage sound...ya know, rock and roll. This boy has been a joy to me for SIXTEEN years and our family is blessed to have him. I know God has wonderful things planned for his future and I pray Austin keeps seeking His will for his life.




6 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

Great pictures of Austin! He looks so grown up...I know, I know. I'm biting my tongue. Austin is a blessing indeed.

Keep up the blogging!

Babbling Brook said...

He's my big Bubby and I'm proud of him!! =D <3 <3 <3

Heather said...

Tis bound to happen.....them boys growing up! Austin is a keeper - well, I guess they all are, but, he's willing to listen to the Lord and mom and dad - huge blessing for parents of teenagers :) Have fun blogging!

jodyfoznot said...

B is for...

Olivia said...

He looks like such a nice young man, Jamie.

Theimperfectheart said...

I love this manchild!