Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fair Days

 Just gonna warn you...unless you absolutely love seeing pictures of this family (Mom),
 you may get a little bored with this post. We all had a great time at the fair. Some days were a little more stressful than others but that is to be expected with 6 kids, 5 calves, and 8 pigs!!
Austin and Brooklyn left Tuesday after the swine show for a conference in Ashland, OH. They planned on leaving around 1:00 but Brooklyn's barrow won champion Berkshire so she had to show in the grand drive. I bet there never was a girl who wanted to lose so badly. :-) Dakota enlisted her friends to help out with all of the extra chores. I'm pretty sure she had the best time at the fair this year. My niece Jo Anna is in the Horse and Pony Club. It was nice to get to watch her show her pony! It was also fun for Emmaly and Corbin to ride the carnival rides with their cousins. Here are the awards for all of my kids' hard work:
Austin: Reserve Champion Angus Steer, Reserve Champion Angus Heifer, 4th place crossbred gilt
Dakota: 1st with crossbred gilt, 3rd with Berkshire gilt, 3rd crossbred barrow, 7th place cross barrow, 2nd place- cross heifer, Blue Honor- misc crafts, Blue- wearable art.
Brooklyn: Champion Berk Barrow, 5th Overall Barrows, Reserve County Born and Bred Barrow, Reserve Champion Berk Gilt, 3rd-cross gilt, 1st place- cross heifer, 3rd place- beef feeder calf, Blue Honor- misc craft, Champion- wearable art.

Bored yet??? These are stats that grandmas and aunts want to know! I'll give you the rest of the week's story in pictures.





































The lake view from the ferris wheel. 
Our tack area was the happening place to be.
 I'm happy that we have the opportunity to be able to let the kids be in 4H every year. And I am also happy that it is over for this year!  Well....I guess there is state fair. :-) Good times and good memories made!










































3 comments:

Summer said...

You gonna come stay with us for state fair? I love the photo of Faith in the Big R bucket, priceless!

jodyfoznot said...

GREAT pictures and post. I laughed and laughed at Corbin in your family picture. Please can I just keep him????

Oh how I love your children!

Faith in the bucket? A joy.

Your girls look like young women...so grown up!

I'm a little sad that our family doesn't get to participate in fair with yours. But I will enjoy from afar.

Joshua Bitting said...

Nice pictures Jamie :) Miss ya'll, wish I was there!