Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best Apology Ever


Am I the only mom with sassy teens? Surely not. Am I? Secretly, I like a little bit of sass. But please, let it come out respectfully. Sassy respect....is that an oxymoron? It's not back talk that I like, it's witty responses. (It's a good thing that I am amused by them because I'm married to King Cheeky Monkey.)  I know I wasn't the most pleasant-mouthed teen either but I knew when to bite my tongue. Right, Mom?

Tonight one of my saucy gals (blondie) didn't know when enough was enough. She was sent to her room pronto. During her go-upstairs-not-another-word-or-you'll-really-be-sorry downtime, she wrote a little ditty.

I've been given permission to share, in exchange for an extra hour of computer time for her. Come on! I won this, not her. You decide.

"Sitting right here.....writing this song.....thinking of what I might have done wrong....to get sent away...on such a fine day....today."

I should mention that this apology came complete with singing.

"Maybe I spoke out of my place?.....Or maybe my parents were just tired of seeing my face?..... Although I wish someone would text me.....so I wouldn't be so bored and lonely......I think these words are so convincing...... I should have just shut my big fat front door.......and then I wouldn't be lying here so bored.
To conclude this song......I'd like to say.....that I'm sorry......I wish I could go back and erase...those...things that I said so meanly..........It really doesn't define-------------me--------! Please accept my apology!!


Apology accepted.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm just not sure that I can imagine blondie doing something that requires a timeout.......just not in her character! Right? Okay - all joking aside. I have one of those, calm-"peacemakers by nature" and the teen years bring out the worst in them! God had so much grace for me at that time (still does), I think I'll do my best throwing buckets full of it for the next 16-20 years!!!! So glad she was willing to share for your audience - what a gift :)

jodyfoznot said...

Ha! Great apology! Those teens of yours are a gift.

P.S. I'm not sure the teen version of you knew exactly when to keep a lid on it...but whatever. ;)

Unknown said...

L.O.V.E. !!!!

Theimperfectheart said...

Jamie if you could have thought up that kind of apologies, you would have been in a lot less hot water.
Thanks Jody for making so I don't have to answer Jamie's question. LOL
Remember mouth and all you still turned out pretty awesome! Love you!
Mom