Monday, May 9, 2011

Here I Go

Tomorrow is the big day. I'll be on my own for SEVEN days. It's not the vacation I had in mind. But it is what God has in store and I will accept it for what it is and what it can be. It is a time I need to be away to heal from this ugly disease. I will take this time to relax without guilt. I will read novel after novel and watch sappy movies and nap when I start to feel sleepy. I will eat chocolate for breakfast, ice cream for lunch and donuts for dinner. (Ok. Maybe not. But after my diet restrictions are up on Thursday I will be adding those food items!) I will drink my own bottle of soda without sharing a single swig! I will come home refreshed as a                          mom and a wife.


                                                          I will miss my people!!


                And I surely don't have favorites but I think some may miss me more than others.


And one may miss me the most of all.


Speaking of that one.......look who started walking today:


She has been walking little steps from here to there for over a month. But she would still rather crawl. Now I'm going to come home to a baby who walked her way right into toddlerhood. Without permission, mind you. She was so proud she gave herself a round of applause. 


As much as I will miss my family I know they are being taken care of. My biggest desire is to rest in the Lord's arms and in His word as I spend my time reflecting on His will for my life. I want to be exactly where He wants me to be. 






4 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

This post has me all weepy. I prayed that you wouldn't miss Faith's first big steps while you were gone. God answered! (So you can blame me for your knew-found toddler!)

I'm so thankful how God is taking care of you, that Mom is there to fill in the big empty spaces you are leaving behind for a few days, and that God has surrounded you with so many loving friends.

I love you truly!

Denise said...

We will be praying for you, and your family, during this time away. God has you in the palm of His very capable hands. We pray for complete healing, and rest and peace for the duration. You are loved by so many, Jamie. Rest in His presence during this time. Denise & Gail

Kathy Monesmith said...

Jamie, this is beautiful! My prayers are with you! This is clearly the hardest thing you have had to face yet and hopefully as hard as it will get! You are strong and your God is even stronger so lean on Him as much as you need to! Love you!

Kathy

Karen said...

I am with Jody. This brought a tear to my eye. I love you Jamie just like one of my daughters and know Because He Lives, I can face tomorrow, Because He lives, all fear is gone; Because I know He holds the future, And life is worth the living, Just because He lives. This song just came to mind. Rest, Relax in Gods presence and He will guide you. Your family will be fine. No that we care and love you and will be prauing for everyone. Love you girl!! Karen