Tuesday, May 31, 2011

4 Eyes X 2

I was hoping that my kids would all get their dad's good eye sight. After all, they got my good looks. (Kidding, kidding.) I got my glasses in the 8th grade...the age right between where Dakota and Brooklyn are now. I remember walking out of the eye clinic and being able to see individual leaves on trees and clouds that had shapes and weren't just blobs. I had a suspicion that D needed glasses. She was all squinty when trying to read a sign from afar. I was a bit surprised, however, that B needed them too. They were both delighted about having to get them. Honestly, what teenager isn't? We all might say we don't want them and what a bother they are, but you know deep down it is kind of exciting to be able to change our appearance. Or as B said, "add to our accessories."
The doctor said that both of them do not have to wear their glasses all of the time. Optional glasses? It doesn't get better than that. I remember a time when it was the same for me. Now, if I'm not wearing my glasses I can't tell a chicken from a duck. (Personal experience.)
I have a feeling that the newness will eventually wear off and I will resort to a nagging mom, reminding them to not forget their glasses. I could be wrong.
 They may like the scholarly look. 
But if they are anything like me there will be contact lenses in their future.

1 comment:

jodyfoznot said...

Cute post! Your girls look adorable. Now I think you should entertain your readers with a portrait of you in your first pair of glasses. You still have them don't you???

I laughed out loud at your chicken v. duck comment! Story, please?

P.S. Right now, I'm only about 4 hours away from you!!!

Love you!