Monday, August 8, 2011

We Are Family

Lately my blog and dirty laundry have something in common. They both need some attention. Stories and clothes are piling up to where things are getting harder to sort. My days are being spent trying to squeeze out that last bit of summer vacation. The days seem to be getting shorter with the calendar getting fuller. S.L.O.W. down, summer! I'm not done with you. I have been loving the time I have been spending with my family these last two weeks; my family, as in my parents, brothers and sister (their families too!). Unfortunately there was only one day that overlapped the visits of my parents and my sis. Mom and Dad were here for a week; a short week. Then my sister Jody and her family were here for an even shorter week. Time goes way too quickly. I'm having camera issues so I am sad that I haven't been able to capture all the fun we have had together. I can give you bits and pieces though.
Mom and my sweet niece Jo Anna

Dad and Corbin waiting for the pig show.
We spent several days at Elkhart County Fair. My kids showed beef and swine in the open shows there. 
Austin got Reserve Champion for his angus heifer
Court and Ralph helping Austin get his calf ready to enter the arena.
Even Emmaly and Corbin showed pigs this year. It was very entertaining. Annoyed that I didn't get good pictures. (Okay, Hon. I'm ready for that new camera you've been wanting to buy me.)
Brooklyn and Corbin showing their Berkshire gilts.
Cutest little showman I ever did see.
Em showing her crossbred gilt. (Don't mind the glowing eyes)
Showing pigs is tiring work.

Mom and Dad went back to Missouri right after fair week. Since they have grandkids in 2 different county fairs they alternate between fairs every year. I haven't been able to convince them to just spend the whole month of July in IN. 

Jody is actually still here. But not here at my house. As much as I would love to steal all of her minutes, I allow her visit with everyone else who wants a piece of their time. I have been seeing her on and off for the last week. They are on their way to their new duty station in North Carolina. I think I get to see her one more time for a couple of hours before they head east.
Faith found Caleb to be her new best friend
Jody and family stayed at Prairie Camp for the week. We went there a couple times to hang out with them.
Corbin even celebrated his 5th birthday there. He's FIVE! (See, I really need to catch up on the blogging journal!)
It was so good for all of us siblings to be together! It's pretty sad that my brothers and I live 3 miles apart and rarely get together! We should really quit letting busyness get in the way! Right, Joshua and Travis?? And Lana and Tabitha. (Behind every good man is a good woman.)
We had an impromptu picture taken of all of us so pay no attention to the hat heads and ketchup stains.
Thanks for snapping this, Brooklyn! 
My kids are so blessed with family! They have 10 wonderful first cousins on Court's side and 11 on my side! Add those to my six.....can you hear the noise from there?? Rowdiness and all, there truly is nothing better than family time! 







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see the pictures and what has been happening in your family. Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I would love to spend the month of July there! Seeing these pics makes my heart full.