Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Boy

Today seemed longer than usual. Cold and rain have that effect on me. Five straight days of rain make me almost crazy, especially since we have a nonworking dryer. Can you imagine the piles of dirty clothes for a family of eight? Wouldn't it be nice to live in the simpler days when everyone owned two outfits, one for everyday and one for good? Half of my cleaning problems would be solved! But, seriously, no complaining! We are blessed with an abundance!
Rain also makes little boys restless. At least this little boy:
He kept busy this morning with writing and paper airplanes and drawing.
Here's a cow he drew earlier this summer. He loves drawing cows. 
He kept busy this afternoon building Lego creations, sword fighting bad guys and making music.
He can play a mean 2 string guitar
Then this evening he was bored. Not good. Let me back up a bit. Earlier when there was a break in the rain C went outside for a mandatory burn-off-some-energy jump on the trampoline. An older gentleman with a white beard and stout build stopped at our house. C spied him and yelled, "Hi! Santa Claus is coming to town!" I can't be sure if the Santa-look-a-like heard, but he gave C a wave as he left. C must have liked the facial hair look.

This boy keeps family time from being boring. Another funny moment today involved him and big brother A. They were wrestling which usually leads to C getting hurt. (It's not easy having a brother 11 years your senior.) As predicted, C ended up crying. Knowing how rough A is I, in my infinite mommy wisdom, allowed C to take a free punch at him. After C got his strike in, he started laughing. He said, "Haha...that was a joke cry!" What a boy. 
Right now this clever little fellow is up sleeping in his bed sporting superman jammies......and a blue beard.

4 comments:

Summer said...

I have a solution for you. Pack up your laundry, drive southwest for 2.5 hours. My dryer works. Leave the markers at home though. Plus we are supposed to be dry the next few days, you are not.

jodyfoznot said...

Oh, that boy of yours. I think you should take Summer up on her laundry play date offer!

Santa Claus is coming to town. Hysterical.

Love you!

aunt kath said...

Boyish imaginations can't be beat!

Summer said...

I think you should take Jody up on her advice, she is super smart!