Sunday, September 11, 2011

Work Work Play

I had the fun opportunity to go to work with Court last week. He was touching up on ceramic tile he had previously installed. He does awesome work. He impresses me with his perfectionism. (Sure glad he isn't a perfectionist on my housekeeping!)
My job was to wash the grout off the tile. Tedious work.
I got to witness that my husband actually does wash floors. :-)
And wouldn't you think that since he installs tile for a living that we would have tile floors, showers and back splashes? As the saying goes... the cobbler's children go unshod. That's okay, it's in the plan for one of these days.

I've been asking him to teach me how to drive our zero turn mower all summer. He and Austin have been working so much that I told them if I knew how to mow with it I could take over that chore.
What a laugh!! Have you ever drove one of those things? I was laughing so hard that I couldn't drive straight. Ok, that's a lie. I couldn't drive straight even if I was perfectly still. It doesn't have a granny gear. It has two speeds: fast and faster. I did finish the back yard. It may not have had professional diagonal lines like usual but the grass was shorter. It was fun but we came to the conclusion that they get to keep mowing. Also...no little kids will be allowed outside while that mower is being used! I never realized how speedy and dangerous it was until I was the one behind the wheel....er, handle-lever-thingamajiggers.

Austin drove the bigger red tractor to clean up the garden. It was a sad, sad garden this year. I'm ashamed of how we let the weeds rule. The produce didn't stand a chance with me as the head gardener. I failed. I really should have been fired early on...like in June.

We took advantage of the last hot day of the season (and we know that meteorologists are never wrong) and decided to give the van a good washing.
Some even washed their bikes.
And this family does not believe in all work and no play! We have been looking for a swing set all summer. We couldn't find what we (by we I mean I) had in mind. So we changed the route and decided on a TRAMPOLINE.
We had a smaller one a couple of years ago. It fell victim to a wayward trash fire. The old one didn't have a net. I love the enclosure!
It's like the perfect outdoor playpen for this little girl.
She loves the "sump-a-sump". (I don't know if she is saying jumpy jump or trampoline but whatever she is saying it's pretty cute!)
She always finds the escape route. It has been fun for all of us. Even us old ones.
We had to set some bouncing rules after someone got a goose egg on her forehead after day number one. Then we had to revise the rules and add some more after someone sprained an ankle. Hmmm...maybe we (again, I) should have thought this purchase through a little more. But there are no guarantees for safety anywhere.
Especially with this little daredevil. He's the reason I use Preference by Loreal.
He's also the reason we laugh everyday.

Come on over! Take off your shoes and let yourself feel like a kid again on the jumpy-jump!

4 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

Does the trampoline keep your little roadrunner occupied for a decent amount of time? I love the photo of you jumping with a big smile on your face. Cute! It's so funny to see Corbin sitting across the swing set bar, because that's exactly where Seth plays on our swing set.

Great post! One of these days I WILL update my blog!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the tan lines on the feet of the "big kids" (you and your hubby). We have a trampoline like this too and I too LOVE THE NET! I don't think I would have one without a net honestly. It will provide hours of entertainment for your family. FYI - Wind can whip one of those puppies across the yard without any apologies. Secure it or weight it down somehow to avoid it's demise:)
Kati Schmucker

Anonymous said...

Their grandmother use to walk across the top of the swingset and stand up to swing. She swung so high she would be even with the top. Seems like she did that with the one at the south side of west side park in Nappanee which is a lot higher than backyard swingsets. So, Corbin doesn't get the daredevil from just his brother and Dad!
Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

I would jump on the sump-a-sump, but you would take my pic...lol. Love the soapy faced, Faith pic. She really gets into her work... ;-)
Jody, waiting for that update... <3
Mom