Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beautiful Day

My day started chaotic and crazy, mostly because I was too tired to face it with both eyes open. My own fault. I stay up too late in the evenings. I can't help myself. I love this time of day! I love knowing all my family is home safe and sound. I also love that they are all tucked in, sound asleep! It is the time of day when I can do something... anything uninterrupted. I can eat a snack guilt free without little beggars. Don't get me wrong, I love my little beggars but they can eat their bowls of cereal in the morning. Mommy likes cereal after the sun goes down.

This little girl keeps me on my toes!
She has "mischief-maker" written all over that sweet face. I'm thinking she learns from the best.
I need to keep my eyes on him, more so than most. He is always coming up with new ways to have fun; in other words, make a mess or create an accident-in-the-making. He has now learned how to do wheelies on his bike. Needless to say, he has bandaids on both elbows and one knee.
This cry lasted for all about 20 seconds. I snapped the picture and he opened his eyes and said, "Erase it." It cracked me up. And I couldn't do it. He said, "You're not putting that on facebook." Then I was really laughing. To be fair, facebook means the computer/ internet to him. I promised him I wouldn't put it on facebook. :) Emmaly, the sweet sister that she is, fixed him right up. An ace bandage heals all wounds.
I feel like I am making real progress in my desire to have an uncluttered life. I will share about that sometime. I  woke up this morning with the feeling of chaos and being overwhelmed. After my day of realization and understanding, I have a new perception of chaos. It was a beautiful day! 

2 comments:

jeny said...

A very sweet post Jamie. I love the many faces of Faith! Hope today is another beautiful day for you :)

jodyfoznot said...

BEAUTIFUL photo of Emmaly at the end there. I love her melt-my-heart chocolate-drop eyes.

And oh, that Corbin. I laughed and laughed at his Facebook admonition. Everyone needs a big sister like Em to swaddle boo-boos in bandages.

Adorable post.