Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime Summertime SumSum Summertime

I am not a list maker. I take that back. I am a list maker, just not a list follower. I'm the gal who writes an agenda and chore chart and grocery list then misplaces them. Who wants to be tied down to bossy notes anyway?? Well...I'm changing my ways for the summer. I'm learning that time flies by way too quickly and I am trying to make the most of the time I have with my children. Before I know it, they will be.....(gulp)... .grown and on their own and......(sniff)...all we will have....(tissue please)...are the memories. (sigh) Summertime for us is crammed full. And usually when it is over we look back and say, "What did we do? (Besides get ready for the 4H fair)?" I've been inspired by others to do what I'm not so good at and make a list of ideas. Since I'm really a go-with-the-flow girl, things are subject to change...more fun will be added!
Mr. C eating complimentary soft serve ice cream at the feed mill.

go on a family bike ride     lake day     book club at the library     
Swinging with a chocolate ice cream smile.
 play cartoon tag     watch fireworks     go fishing     s'mores    
This boy is always a-workin.
camping     picnic at park     fingerpaint outside     eat fair food 
Big brother throwing baby sister in the air.
drive-in movie     church camp     horseback ride     visit zoo
Em showing her drum craft she made today at the library
treat kids to DQ     create daisy chains     cousins baseball game
I love popsicle juice dripping off little chins.
dance in the rain     tennis     have friends over     state fair
my popsicle princess
play in sprinkler     watch sunset     BYIC convention
E helping out the girls and walking their pigs.
cook up goodies for our neighbors     build campfire     VBS 
Fearless Faith jumping into the frigid water.
waterpark     make homemade play-doh     flashlight hide-n-seek
Farmerboy taking a break on the feed bags.
try new grill recipes     watch sunrise ...nah     watch clouds go by
This busy girl is happy to be buckled up as long as she can be outside
watching brothers and sisters

make salsa from our garden     find and/or build a new swingset
Corby is a big helper too!
make banana splits     attend a pool party     build a sandcastle

I'm looking forward to the next 2 1/2 months of warmth, family and fun! Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this amazing family. May our time together be glorifying to You!
These girls weren't in any pictures from today because, as you can see, they are at Camp Shipshewana. Brooklyn is there as a camper and Kodi is there as a CIT--Counselor in Training. 
They've only been there for two days and I miss them! I'm happy they comply to let me take one more picture before they run off with their friends. Summer has begun!

Speaking of summer.....my good ol' pal Summer stopped by today. She came equipped with a friend for Faith and cleaning abilities for me. She's the best!

Aren't friends grand?! 

So...tell me, how are you spending your summer?




















2 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

I love your bossy list! Your place is going to be the fun place this summer! I laughed out loud at your treatment of summer sunrise on your list. Ha!

I need to make a summertime list, too, a things to do while we're still in Texas list. Cause we only have a few more weeks!

Theimperfectheart said...

These pics make me smile from ear to ear.
your crossed off list item about watching the sun rise made me chuckle out loud.
Love and miss you all!