Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby Mine

She's one. She's ONE! Never has a year gone by so quickly! I say this every year, but this year it's true. One year ago tonight, after the most amazing labor and delivery, I was holding this precious babe. She was perfect, all 9 lbs 4oz of her; from her dark head of hair, angel-kissed forehead, blonde eyebrows, button nose, dainty lips, and recessed chin to her tiny fingers, smooth tushy and 10 little piggies. I was in love! Again. She was exactly what I had been missing. Though I didn't know I was missing anything at all. She was God's gift to me. How could we not name her Faith?
This blessed little lady was born to a family where she will never know lonely (or privacy). She has many admirers who all vie for her time. She has center stage. Don't let her innocent look fool you, she likes it that way.
She is as pure and sweet as honey and as spicy and flavorful as pepper. She threw my mental parenting books out the window. Who was I to compare her with others? She is a girl all her own.

  I tried to take pictures of her today... good pictures. But my house has the worst lighting and outside there is no capturing little F's attention. She is captivated by all of the sights and sounds our farm has to offer.
Oh well! I'll get you, my pretty!  
We are so blessed God has placed you in our family and I'm so excited to watch you grow. There's just one thing.... let's keep this next year at a slower pace! Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Mine!
 Momma loves you!
 

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful sweet pea! Those are great pictures. The year really did fly--I can't believe she's one and that my little one is almost 8 months!

Theimperfectheart said...

The picture of Faith climbing up the stairs looks so much like you. What an awesome gift...God is so good.

jodyfoznot said...

Happy birthday, little Faith! Her first year happened so fast, that her birthday day slipped right past me! I didn't forget...I just lost time! Ugh! I'm so sorry! What a horrible auntie. I love her to the moon and back! Please give that little puddin' pie a kiss from her Aunt Jody. If I can ever get this box I have for you in the mail...there's a little something in there for her!

Love you all!
j