Sunday, April 17, 2011

Let's celebrate!

My sister kindly reminded me that when I woke up yesterday morning I would enter into a new age bracket. The bracket for 35-50 year olds. Hmmm.....thanks, Sis, happy to join you. The month of April is a big month in this household. Four out of eight of us celebrate our birthday this month. Here is a recap of Faith's shindig:
Dakota and Brooklyn made the cake and cupcakes. I didn't even crack an egg. I was happy to hand over that chore...er...art project. I let them do whatever they wanted with their canvases.




The weather was ahh..mazing! It was too nice not to take the party outside. It was almost uncomfortably warm. Almost. That seems funny to say today, a day that the temperature is 35 degrees cooler with a bashful sun.
Faithy Pie partied til she dropped. It was a good, no, great day! My only grumble is that I didn't get enough pictures of the cousins! And did you see the pictures of Faith digging into her cake? You didn't?! Well, first of all, she didn't dig in. She poked a little here, picked an M&M there, took graceful bites and barely made a mess. And second, my video camera wasn't charged (and the charger was no where to be found) so I decided to use my digital camera in video mode to take footage of the cake attack. Or cake touch in her case. But, fear not, there is good news! I asked my awesome photographer SIL to capture some cake pictures! She clicked away and I can't wait to see what her artistic eye observed!

Fast forward 6 days from F's party and I am now in my mid-thirties. I awoke to precious, slobbery kisses from my littlest. (She seems to know the secret to wake up in Mommy and Daddy's bed. the secret is to arouse in the night. Mommy loves snuggles and is too sleepy/lazy to deal with crying.) I was treated to breakfast in bed by my so thoughtful 7 year old! It was a bowlful of cinnamon Life filled to the rim with milk, on a tray. I was just as thrilled to receive it as I was to know there was no mess carrying it up the stairs! I shared my Life with my kissy baby. I came downstairs to find that Emmaly also cleaned (straightened up) the dining and living rooms. I also got a foot rub from her. That girls knows how to give gifts! The weather wasn't nearly as wonderful as it was a week earlier. But it was perfect for staying inside, movies, popcorn, games and lounging.
As you can see from the picture, Hubby doesn't like his picture taken. But it was MY birthday and it's what I wanted. So, thanks, Hon. :-) We don't often get to watch tv or movies together as a family. Mostly because there isn't enough time in a day. But also because there aren't a lot of movies that we would all enjoy. What did we watch?......Star Wars. Well...not my first choice. Or my last choice but that's okay. It was a good excuse to eat kettle corn and laze around. I have been so blessed my last 34 years. I wonder what year 35 has in store?? Here I am, Lord, ready or not. But mostly ready!!

5 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

Your big girls did awesome jobs on the butterfly cake and cupcakes. It looks like your Home Ec class is a resounding success! (Kodi looks so grown up...and in these pictures I was taken aback by how much I see you in her! Her hair just keeps getting darker and darker. You have a houseful of beauties!

And Faith is the cutest little birthday girl. Her pigtails and tutu are too too cute.

And the picture of the little Bitting girl cousins. Adorable. I wish Lily had been among them!

I'm amazed you were able to get a picture with your seven best-beloveds all in one room. That is a birthday miracle! (And can you please send a certain Emmaly Yvonner to my house for my birthday? She is sweetness divine.

What a blessed momma you are!

Love you!

jodyfoznot said...

P.S. I should really, really proofread my comments before I hit "post comment." Apparently, I have a parenthetical problem. I just can't seem to keep the pair together. Sigh.

Heather said...

Jody's too funny - never noticed until I took a second look :)

The photo is fine Jamie - we kind of lost touch on the phone last night :) No one's even looking at the camera. Asking first is a huge blessing - thank you! God poured out many blessings for you in that week - I know you'll continue to see Him in the days He has stored up for you!

Olivia said...

I love your birthday gifts from Emmaly. That is so sweet! Looks like you all had a great time celebrating!

Theimperfectheart said...

I always loved my birthday gifts from my little ones because they came from the heart not out of a feeling of obligation. The innocence of childhood. Wish I could have been there. I LOVE the pictures.
Maybe Koda could be a pastry chef! The cakes were sooooo cute!