Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's

This was my very favorite place to be during my growing up years. I have so many happy memories here. There were trees to climb, a huge yard to run in, an old barn filled with secret hideouts, cousins, laughter and unconditional love. Even now I love going to Grandma's house. These last few years Grandma has felt like her house is too small to hold all of us during family get togethers. We have assured her that we don't feel overly crowded and it is extra special to have the cousins together in this house that contains joyful recollections of our youth. Grandma agreed to have it there if we could set up the tables in the new, unfinished addition. There were only 29 of us with 20+ missing because of distance or other commitments. This was the first Easter party that we did not have an egg hunt. To me that was refreshing. Easter isn't about chocolate bunnies and colored eggs. Easter is about celebrating that empty tomb knowing that Jesus Christ has conquered death and He is ALIVE! There is nothing more amazing than that truth!

I tried to take pictures of everyone that was there today for you family members that couldn't make it. But, unfortunately, as I looked back through all the photos I realized I missed several people, including my own husband and son! I seriously need to make a list to operate these days.



















The day was over before we were ready to say good-bye.
I love my family and cherish every minute spent with them. 
If you are apart of this awesome bunch of people and 
were not able to be there today know that 
you were missed!! 
Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

Thank-you sooooo much for putting this collage of joy together! There was a little hitch of sadness in my heart all day knowing that I was missing this family celebration. I'm glad you were able to convince Gma and Gpa to have it at their house. I LOVE being there; so many childhood memories and so much love.

I think this post is a wonderful birthday present! Love it. Thank-you. (Wow, 29 people there and over 20 were missing??? We have a humungo family!)

Love you!

Theimperfectheart said...

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful pictures. Brought tears to my eyes and made me miss everyone more, but loved being able to join in just a little. Love all these people very much!