Monday, April 11, 2011

C is for Corbin

 I received my first flower of the season yesterday. It was hand picked and delivered by a special little man.
 He came to me with his hands behind his back and said, "Mom, I have a surprise for you! Pick a hand!" I go weak in the knees for a shirtless little boy with sun-kissed cheeks! (The weather was an amazing 85 degrees!) This little guy has grown so much over the last few months. My last bouquet from him was just as sweet!
This picture makes me smile! He pedaled his little 3 wheeler to the ditch and picked Tiger Lilies for me. His sweet little grin, cocked head and shoes on the wrong feet are icing on the cake. He no longer needs 3 wheels  to cruise Bitting Lane. His new ride is a racing 2-wheeler.
 After learning to look straight ahead and not down at his feet, this boy can sail! The boundaries consist of the apple tree and a rope we placed across the drive. And, believe me, this boy needs boundaries! And not just for biking but that is a whole 'nother story!

 Mr. C may just be one of the orneriest four year olds around.
                                              
But he can sure melt his mommy's heart!

4 comments:

Heather said...

He is a Hoot! Life would just be drab and boring if there weren't Corbins in the world to keep everything exciting :) Now, if we could just figure out how to manage those younger years without losing a few strands of hair!

Unknown said...

I agree with Heather; life would be dull without this guy! I love the photo of him sleeping with his knife and bow. What a boy! So cute. Can't wait smooch those cheeks...if he'll let me.

Cute post! Love you!

(Tiger Lilies? I'm so jealous!)

jodyfoznot said...

Oops, that last post is from me...I didn't realize Rob was signed in!

I'm sure he's jealous about the Tiger Lilies as well.

Theimperfectheart said...

This little guy melts my heart, makes me smile, makes me laugh. What in the world would we do without him orneriness and all? He is the seasoning of life that keeps us from being bored.