Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday Girls Part I

I may not have the set of twins that I have always wanted but I do have children that share a birthday. My oldest two daughters were born on the same day two years apart. It wasn't planned by me, but it sure is convenient! They have the same group of friends so we have always thrown one big celebration. Last year they had invited the entire jr. high church youth group (girls). Giggly Girls. And it was a sleepover. And I just had a baby 2 weeks prior. May not have been the most ideal scenario but we made it work. And the girls had a blast. (If you don't count the girl who had facebook on her phone and updated about the lame party she was attending. Oops. She should have checked her friend list to see who could read that comment. All is forgiven. :-) ) Kodi and Brooklyn told me recently that they want to try to have two separate parties this year. (sad sigh) I don't blame them for wanting a little more independence from each other and of course they would be at each other's party. But with everything going on in our lives right now one of them would have to wait until June for their party. So we will have another year of lots of chatty girls. (I love chatty girls!) Since their big day is in TWO days....I better start planning. :-) No, actually the girls have it planned. We're down to getting a date set. Never an easy task when the calendar is already inked up.

Let's talk about my firstborn girl, Dakota Lynn; or Kodi. (Cue music for Sunrise Sunset).....Is this the little girl I carried...........I don't remember growing older, when did they??? FIFTEEN years ago Dakota was born after being induced a week after her due date because my doctor was going on vacation. Can we say, "Annoying!"? In fact, she was delivered by a nurse and another doc because mine was home packing for her trip. You know, those labor books said I should have had another couple hours. :-) But, God in His infinite wisdom knew what He was doing. (Of course) She was born with her cord tightly wrapped twice around her neck and she needed some help to start breathing. I had a peace while I wondered why I couldn't hold her right away. She spent her whole hospital stay under the watch of the nurses and not in my room. Kodi was an easy baby, wonderful toddler, and an uncomplicated kid. Then the teen years hit...no, I'm just kidding. She is a joy to have as a daughter! She is creative, smart and witty! She is a little on the reserved side. You will usually find her with her nose in a book. I've been known to ground her from reading. *GASP* What kind of mother am I?






D and B on rival teams during a volleyball game.
Every year on or around their birthday I try to get some pictures of them. I had a fun time this year just clicking away while they were acting goofy.













I love how they have their own styles, from clothes to personalities. It's so refreshing! I'm enjoying watching these gals grow into lovely young women and especially watching them grow in their faith. They are such a blessing to me! And my very favorite picture of them....drum roll, please........
Happy Birthday, my lovelies!! I'm looking forward to our special date!

5 comments:

Summer said...

like.

Heather said...

Precious, Precious photo! Love how they love each other - Priceless!

Terri May said...

I enjoyed reading about the b-day girls, what beautiful young ladies you have:)

apryl said...

that last picture is definitely a keeper - lovely girls indeed... and wonderful to photograph (hint hint). you are a blessed mama:)

Theimperfectheart said...

Love love love this. (Cute comment about Fiddler on the roof cue.) It is wonderful when siblings can be so close. Makes a Mom's heart swell. (And a Grandmom)