Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fool's Day!

I had good intentions for today. We were going to "celebrate" this silly, man-made holiday. I had some funny jokes up my sleeve along with dessert for supper. Here it is after supper (which we had a regular, boring meal) and I have not played one prank. But I have bore the brunt of several jokes.
My morning started earlier than I would have liked because someone woke up screaming for momma's milk. Day 5 of weaning is only a little easier than days 1-4.

I dropped the big kiddos off at Friday School. I decided since I was already out I might as well pick up a few groceries. Not sure why I thought I could run in and run out. I can't even do that when I am by myself. Of course, on the rare occasion I am by myself I have no desire to hurry.
first day of Friday school

At the store with the big W a kind, elderly gentleman handed me a cart. The kind of cart that has enough room for 3 little people. This cart had seen better days. It shouldn't have been in the line-up. I didn't want to seem ungrateful to the blue-vested man who went out of his way to get me a bigger cart, so I thanked him, buckled my precious cargo and strolled away. Or wobbled away. Or screeched away. Corbin noted that everyone could hear our wheels. We were the center of attention in every aisle. Not the way I want to feel when I'm having a bad hair day. My few items turn into 2 hours of shopping. Some jokester looked at my heaping cart and said, "Maybe I should listen to the weather report, looks like you are shopping for a snow storm." I shopped the wheels right off that cart. Literally. I made it to check out but you can safely bet that jalopy-of-a-cart was pushed into retirement. It drained me pushing around a 150 lb dilapidated cart with 3 hungry hippos wanting every prepackaged goody within reach. Not to mention momma hippo was shopping on a empty stomach. But I still saw the humor. 
I dug through the grocery bags and found some snacks for the road. Theirs consisted of cheese and crackers, mine consisted of chocolate. On the way home I thought something smelled kinda funky, like hot rubber. I slowed down just in case it was my tires. Because surely I could handle a blow-out at 45 mph. :-) I made it home! After I parked I noticed some steam coming from the hood. But, praise God I was home! After further inspection from Hubby and my favorite mechanic brother Josh (not to be confused with my other favorite mechanic brother Travis) it turns out there is a hole in a hose. A hose that won't be replaced until Monday at the earliest. The red van is parked until then. I still see the humor. Not as clearly though.
The sun was shining most of the day. That was a plus! Sunshine and fresh air is like gold in these parts. We used our time wisely! None of that cleaning or laundry for me. But alas! it was supper time and all my cute Fool's Day ideas were drained out of me. The creativity flew out of my noggin with the water that sprayed from the van's water pump hose. So, sloppy joes it was! You're not going to believe this but......I burnt the joe. Seriously! That made me see the humor again! I mean, how hard is it to brown ground beef?! Apparently, creativity wasn't the only thing that left my brain.
Then it rained. This is our pasture. Not our pond. I'm not opposed to a pond, but  not in this location. Everything else seemed funny to me tonight.  I was waiting for the next little joke. And a joke I did receive! I'll just tell you it involved a curious little one and an old diaper! (YUCK!)
So, tell me, how did you spend your April Fool's Day? And raise your hand if you have an extra vehicle lying around that seats eight.










2 comments:

Theimperfectheart said...

Ahhh the best laid plans on mice and men...
So glad you could see the humor...sounds like you could use a nap.

jodyfoznot said...

I'm sorry April 1st played so many tricks on you! Yay for sunshine! Boo for mud. We really don't have mud here; I haven't seen mud since last April when the kids and I rode Suzie around Josh's barn. LOTS of mud. :)

I'm praying very specifically for God to provide an 8-passenger vehicle for you. And right quick.

I LOVE the picture of you and Faith. You caught some catch lights in her eyes! And the photo of Yvonners...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I just want to squeeeeze her. Can she come over for a sleepover with Lily? Pleeeeeeease? Can she bring her mommy with her? Ah, just bring everybody. Now I'm praying even harder for an 8-passenger vehicle, one that gets good gas mileage!

Love you!